Oily hair is a bane for so many people out there. The day you shampoo your hair, your tresses look nice & bouncy but as soon as the following day arrives, your hair becomes greasy & messy. If you are one of these people who are suffering from oily and greasy hair, then worry not, because in this article I bring to you 5 effective home remedies to treat greasy and Oily hair.
Normally, the oil glands secrete oil to protect your hair from breakage and help in keeping your scalp healthy, but excessive oil secretion can become a big problem. The excessive oil secretion takes place due to a variety of reasons, such as hereditary conditions, hormonal imbalance or the innate texture of your hair. Hence, read this article to know how you can treat your oily hair and get bouncy & shiny hair without having to go for expensive hair treatments.
Top 5 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Oily Hair and Greasy Hair
These are the top 5 natural ingredients with which you can prevent greasy hair without having to undergo any chemically infused hair treatment.
Let’s take a look at all the 10 effective home remedies to get rid of Oily Hair-
When talking about treating dandruff or greasy hair, lemon is the top kitchen ingredient to rely upon. Lemon juice is an amazing home remedy to get rid of oily hair.
- Take 2 lemons and squeeze the juice out of them.
- Then, take an empty small-sized bottle and fill it with 2 cups of distilled water. After that, pour the lemon juice into the bottle and mix it.
- After, you have shampooed your hair, pat them dry and massage the above solution into your hair & scalp.
- Keep it on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Apply this method twice a week and you will notice that your hair will become less oily after each time you use it.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
- Take some Aloe Vera gel and gently massage your hair & scalp with it. Keep it on for half an hour and then, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Take a bottle and add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a cup of mild shampoo. Mix all the ingredients and wash your hair with this mixture twice to thrice and see the difference in your hair texture.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is one of the most magical ingredients present in your kitchen. Apple Cider Vinegar helps in fighting dandruff, excessive oiliness and helps in making your hair smooth & shiny like silk. It has acidic properties that help in minimizing the oil buildup in your hair while simultaneously, working as a potent hair tonic.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a cup of water.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and after that apply this solution on your hair.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. After that, rinse your hair and enjoy bouncy & shiny locks!
4. Baking Soda
The use of baking soda can help in curbing greasiness from your oily hair and gives amazing results within an absolutely short time period.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and add them in 1 liter of water.
- Apply this mixture all over your hair and leave it on for 25-30 minutes. Then, rinse it off and wash your hair with a shampoo.
- You can apply this treatment 2-3 times a week.
5. Egg white
The egg acts as a natural conditioner and is a superb natural ingredient to soak extra oil from your greasy scalp. Your hair will become shiny and oil-free with this home remedy.
- Take two eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Blend them well and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with normal water.
- After that shampoo as usual. You will see that your hair has become non-greasy and silky smooth from the first wash only.
Read All Health Tips
So, guys, these were the 5 Best home remedies to treat your oily hair without having to compromise on the money. Don’t forget to share these remedies with your family and friends! Also, leave your valuable remarks in the comment section below!